My Knitter's Grotto

My Knitter's Grotto
My Knitter's Grotto & Stash

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Projects in January/February/March 2012

Sideways Hat
Slipped Rib Scarf
Noro Chevron Cardigan

Double Rolled Brim Hat


Felted Bowls










Magician's Scarf

Small Seaman's Sample Stitch Scarf













Sideways Hat - The yarn was purchased at Webs last October (JoJoland Fantasia), and the pattern is from ebook "Short Row Hats" from Midnightsky Fibers.

Slipped Rib Scarf - Created this scarf for a contest at the Saranac Lake Community Store in honor of Valentine's Day. The pattern is from Westknits, and the yarn was purchased from two local Adirondack fiber artists - Liberty Fibers Hand-Dyed Yarn and Four Directions Weaving.

Noro Chevron Cardigan - The Noro Kureyon yarn I used for this project was originally slated for another project. Then I found the Noro book, with this pattern and decided to make it. Finally, after a couple of years, I finished it.

Double Rolled Brim hat (Good Karma Yarn) -purchased the yarn at NYS Sheep & Wool last October from Good Karma Farm (couldn't resist the name). The pattern was a free one provided by the farm. However, it didn't come out quite like the picture after I washed it. Nonetheless, not a bad slouchy hat.

Small Seaman's Sample Stitch Scarf - purchased the yarn and pattern from Hunt Valley Cashmere at Vogue Knitting Live NY in 2011. It used their 3 ply cashmere. Fun project!

Felted Bowls - Created these felted bowls for a private craft show in April. Used stash yarn only, and created my own designs. Hope they sell!

Magician's Scarf - purchased the yarn & pattern from Vogue Knitting Live NY this past January. Yarn and pattern are from Alchemy. Actually, it was part of my payment for working at the Fine Points booth. I forgot to take a picture of the finished product before I gave it away as a birthday gift. Oh well...

1 comment:

  1. I always love to see finished projects with my hand dyed yarn! I see the one you chose is Forest Walk. I have just published a new website. I have added new retail locations to the website and post events I attend. Thank you again for choosing Liberty Fibers Yarn!

    Judy
    Libertyfibers.com

    ReplyDelete