My Knitter's Grotto

My Knitter's Grotto
My Knitter's Grotto & Stash

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Projects in November/December 2011

Wyeth's Dead Fish Hat
Kaelin's Live Fish Hat
Eamon's Dead Fish Hat






Noro Earflap Hat
Hats on a line!
Modular Scarf with Ruffled Edges
Entrelac Scarf
Modulation Scarf

Antler Hat










Almost all of my knitting time in November and December has been spent making holiday gifts.

Fish Hats (dead & alive!) - this pattern was included in the back of "Moon Spinners" by Sally Goldenbaum. It is on Knitty.com. I made them as holiday gifts for my nieces' kids, and were they ever a hit! A really good use of stash yarn.

Noro Earflap hats - a pattern 'with purchase' using Noro Hitsuji. Purchased the yarn at The Knitter's Edge in Bethlehem PA, and received the pattern for free.

Modular Scarf with Ruffled Edges- bought 2 balls of Zauberball a couple of years ago at Stitches East with the intention of making socks and matching mittens. Then I saw this pattern in a local yarn shop, and decided to make it instead. Became a holiday gift for one of my nieces. Although it took a long time to finish, it was a lot of fun, and I may do it again with Zauberball 6!

Entrelac Scarf - bought a skein of Fleece Artist Angel (merino & kid mohair) at Adirondack Yarns in Lake Placid, because a sample swatch of it in entrelac was next to the yarn. I just thought it would make a really nice scarf. Used the Market Scarf from "Entree to Entrelac", and gave it as a holiday present to another niece!

Modulation Scarf - this pattern was a Stitches East class in October. Used Noro Silk Garden, and gave it to my sister-in-law for Christmas.

Antler Hat - this was going to be used for presents for the kids, but decided to make the Fish Hats instead. Way better choice. So, this hat is sitting in the gift closet...waiting... waiting.

Duchess Shawl - found this free pattern on the Berroco website. Used some Jaeger merino yarn I had in my stash that was the perfect color for my mother-in-law's Christmas gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment